There are several key things to remember when brushing your teeth:
- Brush for 2 minutes, 2 times a day. If you are brushing for less than 2 minutes, you aren’t being thorough enough to get all the places you need to.
- While brushing, pay special attention to fillings, the gum line, and those hard-to-reach back teeth.
- Positioning your toothbrush at a 45 degree angle, brush the outer surfaces of your upper and lower teeth first. Then, do the same with the inner surfaces of your upper teeth, then your lower teeth.
- After the inside and outside surfaces are clean, you can go ahead and brush the chewing surfaces.
- Choosing the right toothbrush for you is also very important. Generally, a soft-bristled brush is best for brushing all the areas of your teeth. Small-headed brushes are great for reaching places that would be otherwise hard to get to.
- Replacing your toothbrush on time is also important. You should replace your brush every 3 months or sooner if it starts to wear out. Remember – if you take care of your teeth they will take care of you!
Time To Have Your Teeth Cleaned?
Call today and one of our friendly team members will help you to schedule a convenient appointment time. If you are new to Dr. Rathjen’s office, check out our introductory offers for new patients. We would love to have the opportunity to serve you!