A dental bridge is a non-removable dental appliance used to replace a missing tooth (or missing teeth). If you are missing one tooth or a few teeth in a row, Dr. Rathjen may recommend a bridge to restore your complete smile. A bridge can be used to accomplish the following:
- Fill gaps left by missing teeth
- Prevent the remaining teeth from shifting into the extra space left by the missing tooth
- Restore full function to your bite
- Retain your face’s natural shape and volume
- Replace a removable partial denture
- Promote a natural, radiant smile
Dental bridges are comprised of two dental crowns, which fit over the teeth adjacent to the missing tooth; we call these abutment teeth. Between the dental crowns, we place an artificial tooth known as a pontic. This replacement tooth will look and function like a natural tooth. Best of all, when you smile, no one will know you have a dental appliance! At Northpointe Dental Care, dental bridges can be created from tooth-colored materials, like porcelain, to blend in beautifully with your smile. If you are interested in receiving more information about dental bridges in Blaine, Minnesota, please call us to schedule a free consultation with our knowledgeable dentist.